|Grace Kelly: Icy Blonde chillin' at the beach.|
Ever make the mistake of looking at your face in your car mirror after a few hours of sponge-bathing in the local kiddie pool? It ain't pretty, unless you're 19 years old, in which case you need to know the wading pool is for ages 8 and under, thank you very much. Take that beautiful skin and neon bikini back to the diving board, dearie.
In the meantime, here is a quick 5 Minute Makeup routine to get you out of the house and into the sunshine in no time. You'll be protected by a few layers of SPF, sprinkled with a touch of sandy sparkle, and even ready to let that two-year-old in the droopy diaper splash you--this mascara won't run, baby...
1. Apply a nickle-sized amount of a good facial sunscreen (I like Neutrogena, duh) and let it sink in for a minute while you braid and pony-up your hairdo.
2. Mix a pea-sized dot of SPF infused primer with a similar amount of tinted moisturizer. Dot on along your T-zone and blend out with your fingertips.
3. If you have spots or undereye circles dab on a tiny bit of Laura Mercier's secret concealer. Use your pinky, you don't need much (it's lightweight but hides imperfections well).
4. Fake a sun-kissed glow a swirl of a bronze-y blush (using a fluffy brush).
5. Add a coat of Clinique's Long Wearing mascara--it melts off in strips in warm water only: not salt, chlorine or (happy) tears!
Finally, swipe on your favorite gloss--I like Cooling Hydragel with SPF 20 by Neutrogena [again!] in a nudish-sheer color.
If you want to amp it up a little for an evening out, do all of the above but add a touch of crease-resistant creamy eyeshadow. Mine has a little shimmer, but reminds me of the inside of a seashell.
By this point, you are so utterly gorgeous that it almost seems a waste to be taking this face to the humble beach...of course, Ms. Kelly didn't seem to think so. Happy Splashing!