|It is fun to bring your stuffed animals along when you go out with your girlfriends!|
Last night, Lightening woke me up at 3AM, afraid witches were chasing him. Some things only a mommy can tend to, so from 3 to 6 I snuggled up with him, tiny pointy elbow (his) to forehead (mine).
Last Halloween, I made the major mistake of dressing up like a witch myself, blackened tooth and all--let's just say it was a bit of a fiasco:
|One of us is not happy.|
This year I am obviously going to do it differently--Clown Ballerina all the way!
My own mom is coming for a little visit from Oklahoma this weekend. Happily anticipating seeing her, I've been mulling over the good motherly advice that I've been given over time--which I now find myself desperately wanting to say outloud to somebody, somebody who will listen:
1. Don't rub your face with your hands.
2. Stand up straight.
3. Wear your coat. Wear your hat. Wear your mittens.
4. Don't eat too much sugar, it makes you crazy.
5. No riding in cars, at night, with boys (duh!).
6. Buy a Dustbuster (this one's from my mother-in-law, thanks Babci!)
7. Don't wear cheap shoes.
8. Hold hands in parking lots.
9. Respect the ocean.
10. Follow your dreams! You can live in NYC in a cool apartment and have a fun job and get out of this godforsaken little town! (what, your parents never said that?)
Anyway, I think I'll just start this holiday season by not scaring the wits out of my three year old.