|Sometimes, every day feels like a Monday.|
Photo: Mariacarla Boscono shot by
Steven Meisel for Vogue Italia, October 2010
Everyone in this house is currently fighting a cold/allergies/an ear infection. Rather than succumbing to looking as disheveled as I feel, I am encouraging myself to Go! Fight! Win!-- because as we all know, when you have kids you still have to show up at the grocery store/bus stop/sports activities, and face Room Moms, Taekwondo Masters and Baristas. Yes, I am that vain.
Why should I glower like the sneezy dwarf when I can I least try to "fake it 'til I make it" (home to bed, that is)?
Thus, I am sharing with you, dear reader, 5 Ways to Wake Up Your Face, should this pre-fall season with its muggy afternoons, chilly mornings and over-air conditioned hallways give you a reason to need them!
|Benefit primer, sparkly face wash by class fave Neutrogena, Shu Umera's lash curler, Kerastase for damaged locks and Kate Spade's cheerful take on Spring 2013.|
1. Curl your Eyelashes. Seriously. I haven't bothered with the eyelash curler for years, yet this morning my puffy lids convinced me to break it out. Totally worth the 2 minutes and 2 layers of mascara it took to create a rather compelling doe-eyed look.
2. Wash your face with a face brightening lotion. I tried Neutrogena's Visibly Bright Facial Cleanser--I swear it left a subtle layer of shimmer on my tired skin. Sorta like dousing your pores in iced coffee, only cleaner.
3. Dab on some Primer. Try a little Benefit "That Gal" brightening face primer and nothing else for makeup. It is a pinky sheer skin refresher that gives a happy glow without any caky foundation creases.
4. Wash your hair. Nothing says "Hot Mess" like unwashed locks in a bun. I like to let it air dry and slip in a bobby pin to keep the front off my face. This is where freshly highlighted hair is suddenly worth every darn penny.
5. Wear a bright colored top. Today I picked a neon apricot hoodie, and the reflection alone kept me motoring well through lunchtime.
Now take 2 aspirin, drink lots of water and call me in the morning (keep the co-pay, darling, Speed Chic takes insurance)...